Mannar : Bell Metal Town, Mannar Vilakku, Lamps, Bells, Vessels

Mannar is a small town situated in the banks of Pampa river in Alappuzha district, Kerala. Nearby towns are Mavelikara, Tiruvalla, Edathua, Thakazhy, Chengannur and Haripad. Mannar is famous for its bronze and other metal industries so it is called Bell Metal Town. People from different parts of India visit Mannar to purchase quality Vessels, Lamps, Bells made out of Brass and Bronze.

mannar vilakku photo

There are many traditional craftsman’s shops (called ala in malayalam) in Mannar and they make brass/bronze vessels, lamps, bells etc as per customer requirement. This custom made bronze and brass items attract many indian and foreign tourists.

mannar vilakku images

There are many famous metal crafts made by craftsmen at Mannar like Delhi Museum Varpu, Kuravilangad Church lamp, Chettikulangara Devi Temple Lamp, Simla Temple Bell, Bell at Cathedral Church New Delhi.

mannar vilakku

There are many religious locations in and around Mannar like Parumala church, Panayannar kavu devi temple, Thrikkuratti Mahadevar Temple, Mannar Juma Masjid, Kurattikkadu Pattambalam Devi Temple, Oorumadom Bhadrakaali Temple, Vishavarsherikkara Subrahmanya Swami Temple, Pothuvoor Bhadrakaali Temple, Viruppil Devi Temple, Edayadi Bhadrkaali Temple, Chakkulathu Kavu Devi Temple and Kunnathoor Devi Temple.

Mavelikkara and Haripad Photos

Alappuzha Photos

This entry was posted in Unni. Bookmark the permalink.

14 Responses to Mannar : Bell Metal Town, Mannar Vilakku, Lamps, Bells, Vessels

1. RAVICHANDRAN says:

dear sir i wand brass lamp 5.5 feet hight and 18 to 20 kg weight pleas contact me 9944241393 thank you

2. v.shibu says:

Iam looking various items for export to USA, kindly send us your details and other information.

3. Prabin Kumar says:

Enquiry for temple brass lamp ( Thathu Villaku, Deepastambam, 5 layers). Please mention the Weight of brass needed and the price of making as well as the delivery time.

Contact: E.V Sudheer

4. Sri says:

Want to know if you have any peacock ornamental 3 feet lamps.

5. deepak mani says:

hi..
    I like to know the prise of a six foot lamp. can you please send me the prise or give your mobile number .

thanks

6. ankur agarwal says:

We manufacture brass pooja articles and other oil lamps,kuthu villaku @ 400/kg ..all sizes available.
    Regards
    Ankur Agarwal
    Moradabad

7. E. N Unni says:

I would like to buy one traditional lamp standard one around 15 to 20 kg hight 4.5 to 5 feet.

8. Prasannan P.P. says:

Dear Sir,

I require 1 no.annapakashi vilakku of 5 or 5.5 ft weight,please let me know the price per kgs.Iam staying in Salem.Suppose I want to purchase what I have to do for getting the item at salem.Cell No.9443650744

Regards

Prasannan

9. Swarna Sarkar says:

We are looking for 50 pcs of “Vaastu vilakku” with panchaloha for vaastu remedy. Kindly contact with the sizes and price for the same. Delivery to be made at Mumbai.

Regards,
    Swarna Sarkar

10. Venugopal says:

we want manichithrathazhu lock and kumilas in doors. please send photos of differnt types of heavy manichithrathazhu and kumilas. please send its price . very urgent

11. bindu anilkumar says:

i need brass vilakku,but already the moel with me ,if i will send the model can u arrange for me that.i am waiting for ur reply

12. c komarasamy says: